Forums » Support

e was making outstanding plays, we score

• 3143 posts
    July 21, 2017 10:50 AM +0430

With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Kris Versteeg Blackhawks Jersey . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Waiting Last Minute As per Arthur Staple of Newsday, barring a cant refuse offer from anyone in the next few days, New York Islanders general manager Garth Snow will go as close to the 3pm et deadline on Wednesday as possible to entice better offers for both Thomas Vanek and Andrew MacDonald. He adds that as games go on through the weekend, the number of suitors for MacDonald could go up. Staple also writes that the Islanders have no intention of trading goaltender Evgeni Nabokov. High Asking Price Chris Botta of The New York Times adds that the Islanders are asking for a first-round pick for MacDonald. He adds that theres a lot of interest in MacDonald, but CSNNE.com adds that such a demand is too much for the Boston Bruins, who are reportedly looking for a blueliner. Interest In Stewart? According to Bruce Garrioch of The Ottawa Sun, the Senators have an interest in St. Louis Blues winger Chris Stewart. Garrioch adds that Stewart could be part of a deal with the New York Rangers if the Blues are interested in Ryan Callahan. Staying The Course Larry Brooks of The New York Post writes that Rangers general manager Glen Sather and his front office are devoting their attention to evaluating personnel who might become available in trades for Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi, with no progress made toward signing them to contract extensions. No Ones Business As Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger writes, no one should expect New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur to announce publicly that he wants to be traded. Brodeur explained to Chere that he wont even wont say so unless a deal actually happens - and he hasnt even discussed the situation with general manager Lou Lamoriello. "Oh, no. Its not going to be like that. I dont think so, anyway," Brodeur told the paper. "Its nobody elses business but mine as for the direction I want to go. "Its been tough because you go through ups and downs. The more questions Im asked, sometimes my answers change. Thats why in the last few weeks Ive been more quiet about it. Its on purpose, because I want to make sure my decision is an educated decision and there are no influences from the outside. Show up Thursday and youll know if Im on the plane to Detroit (where the Devils play Friday)." Chere also writes that Jaromir Jagr, who doesnt have a no-trade clause, hasnt spoken to Lamoriello about a trade option. "The one thing that is good about this team is we dont have much media coverage," Jagr told Chere. "Less media, less rumors and less trade rumors. I havent even heard any rumors. "Hey, Ive been traded twice during the season. From Dallas to Boston and to New York from Washington. Going to the Rangers from Washington, they told me they were trying to trade me so I was kind of expecting it. The last one, Dallas to Boston, I was surprised. For me its easier than somebody with a big family. I pack my stuff and go, if something happens. Or not go." No Change Of Heart Katie Carrera of The Washington Post reports that, to little surprise, Capitals forward Martin Erat is still looking to get out. Erat, back from representing the Czech Republic in the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, said Wednesday he still wants the Capitals to trade him but declined to elaborate further. Capitals GM George McPhee said earlier this week that he planned to approach Erat again but didnt expect him to change of mind.  Dennis Rasmussen Blackhawks Jersey . - Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin is now a free agent. Scott Darling Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season.HOUSTON -- Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon has talked often about how Yunel Escobar deserves All-Star consideration for his stellar play at shortstop this season. The defensive standout showed on Thursday that he also can be a force on offence. Escobar tied a season high by driving in three runs, including a tiebreaking double in the 11th inning that sent the Rays to a 7-5 victory over the Houston Astros. Escobar and Desmond Jennings each doubled twice and singled, helping Tampa Bay win for the fifth time in six games. "Im just going out there trying to play the game and have fun," he said. "This is the first time in my career that I really feel like Im having fun and I can be myself. Im enjoying playing the game." Brett Wallace homered twice for the Astros. Jose Lobaton walked to start the 11th and moved to second on a passed ball by Jason Castro. Escobar then doubled into the right-field corner off Josh Fields (0-1). Escobar advanced on Desmond Jennings fly ball to right and came home on a wild pitch by Wesley Wright. Jamey Wright (2-1) pitched a scoreless 10th for the win and Fernando Rodney finished for his 18th save. Wallace hit a three-run shot in the eighth inning, tying it at 5 with his second homer of the game. The Rays had just grabbed the lead with three runs in the top half, including a two-run double by Escobar. "(It) was an emotional roller coaster," Astros manager Bo Porter said. "To give up the three and fall behind and then come back the next inning and have (Wallace) hit the big three-run homer, you really just want to build off that momentum and end it right there if you can." Evan Longoria had a run-scoring groundout in the first for Tampa Bay, and Escobar came on home on Jordan Lyles wild pitch in the seventh, tying it at 2. Wallace hit a solo homer in the fourth, and Jake Elmore had a sacrifice fly in the fifth for the Astros. Elmore sparked Houstons rally in the eighth with a leadoff walk. Jose Altuve then singled before Wallace drove a 1-2 pitch from Joel Peralta over thee wall in right for his third homer since he rejoined the Astros from Triple-A last week. Tony Esposito Blackhawks Jersey. . Escobar had the big blow in the top half of the inning, a long two-run double that landed on Tals Hill in straightaway centre field. Brandon Barnes appeared to have a shot to bring it in, but tripped and fell running up the hill. "How about Escobar? How far was that ball hit to centre field?" Maddon said. "You dont see that play anywhere else in baseball, but their centre fielder did a nice job. He went after that ball really, really well. I thought he had a chance and the hill got him." Tampa Bay rookie starter Chris Archer yielded two hits and two runs in six innings. "I felt like all things were clicking, the defence was making outstanding plays, we scored runs in a timely fashion and overall todays game was kind of like the definition of the Rays," he said. "We pitched pretty well, we scored runs when we needed to, and we played defence." Lyles allowed six hits and walked three in 6 2-3 innings. It was a much better performance than his previous two starts, when he allowed 12 runs and 15 hits combined. Longoria was Tampa Bays designated hitter for the third straight game after missing the previous three games with plantar fasciitis in his right foot. James Loney had a single in the Tampa Bay fourth to extend his hitting streak to a career-high-tying 15 games. The other time he achieved the feat was in 2008. NOTES: Rays RF Wil Myers, a rookie who is considered one of best prospects in baseball, had a nifty diving catch to rob Castro of a hit in the first. ... Tampa Bay returns home on Friday to start a three-game series with the Chicago White Sox, with Jeremy Hellickson on the mound for the Rays against Dylan Axelrod. ... The Astros travel to Arlington to take on the Rangers on Friday. Houstons Lucas Harrell opposes Nick Tepesch. ... RHP Mark Appel, the first overall selection in the draft by Houston, is scheduled to make his professional debut on Friday for Single-A Tri City. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '