Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

line in the win over Howard, Michigan

• 2283 posts
    March 1, 2018 8:52 AM +0330

CHICAGO -- Marian Hossa raced up the ice and headed to the net. Jacquizz Rodgers Jersey . Fedor Tyutin jabbed at him with his stick, but it was too late. Hossa shook him off and flicked the puck over Semyon Varlamovs glove.It was vintage Hossa.While the NHL playoffs raged into June, the 37-year-old Hossa found his legs again. The physical winger is off to a solid start for the Chicago Blackhawks, flashing the form that made him one of the leagues best two-way players for most of his distinguished career.So far, I feel pretty good, skating-wise, and also had lots of puck on my stick, Hossa said. So when you play with the puck you get more comfort level and you are making things happen.Like Thursday night, when Hossa played a key role in Chicagos 4-0 win over Colorado. First, he got free for a breakaway and held off Tyutin on the way to his fourth goal of the season at 15:03 of the first.Hossa scored again 55 seconds into the third , taking a stretch pass from defenseman Duncan Keith and shooting over Varlamovs glove for his fourth goal in his last four games.Hes skating well, coach Joel Quenneville said. Hes never really looked like hes slowing down at any time. The finish around the net was nice to see, two outstanding shots.Hossa, who signed a 12-year, $62.8 million contract in July 2009, helped the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup in 2010, 2013 and 2015. But the years of long playoff runs and Olympic play took a toll.He had just 13 goals and 20 assists in 64 games last season, and Chicago was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs for the first time since 2012.Definitely longer summer helps after such a long time, Hossa said. I think the body needed a little rest.His resurgence has helped Chicago to four straight wins and seven of nine overall, masking some issues with puck possession and turnovers. The Blackhawks face a difficult test this weekend when they take on Dallas in a home-and-home set.Hossa has five goals and four assists in 10 games. He didnt score his fifth goal last season until his 24th game.You know sometimes when the puck goes in early for you youre more relaxed, he said. You dont force things, and I think right now thats whats happening.Hossa also has found a home on Chicagos second line, playing alongside center Artem Anisimov and Calder Trophy winner Artemi Panarin. Anisimov, Panarin and Patrick Kane formed one of the NHLs most potent lines last season, but Kane is playing alongside captain Jonathan Toews in the top group at the moment as Quenneville searches for balance in his lineup.Panarin set up Hossas first goal against the Avalanche.Playing with two really good players, you know, try to find an open area and those guys can find you, Hossa said. I think things are clicking, just need to keep working on it.Hossas first multigoal game since Jan. 10, also against Colorado, ran his goal total to 504, passing Peter Bondra for the highest total for a Slovakian-born player. Hossa is 41st on the NHLs career list, just three back of Hall of Fame center Jean Beliveau.Hes got some offensive numbers that really are great to look at, Quenneville said after Hossa scored his 500th goal, which occurred last month against Philadelphia. The best part of his game is the consistency of being a pro, night in and night out, being responsible on both sides of the puck, plays hard every single game and night. Its a good example for our young guys learning how to play the right way.---Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap Mike Evans Jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Luke Stocker Jersey . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. http://www.cheapbuccaneersjerseysauthentic.com/ . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- About 37 hours after the end of the season opener, Derrick Walton was back on the court, ready for another tough game.Its early in the season, but Walton is already logging major minutes for Michigan.Walton had 13 points and six rebounds, and Michigan closed the first half strong en route to a 77-65 victory over IUPUI on Sunday. Walton played 36 minutes despite a left ankle he said was still a little stiff after he rolled it in Fridays season-opening win over Howard.Ive got supreme faith in coach (John Beilein). I know he wont push me over my limit, Walton said. We usually push the limit.Zak Irvin scored 15 points for the Wolverines (2-0), who scored the final 13 points of the first half to take a 43-32 lead. They held on to win comfortably despite 22 points from IUPUIs Darell Combs.Moe Wagner scored 13 points for Michigan and Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman contributed 12.Matt OLeary scored 13 points for the Jaguars (0-2), and Kellon Thomas added 10. IUPUI had also played Friday, losing at Eastern Kentucky.Im proud of the boys, IUPUI coach Jason Gardner said. To have a one-day prep, really almost like a walkthrough, and guys to be locked in defensively, I thought that was a step as far as showing growth.Michigan trailed 32-30 before Abdur-Rahkman made a 3-pointer with 3:47 left in the first half. Baskets by Ibi Watson and Mark Donnal pushed the lead to five, and then Donnal added two free throws. Abdur-Rahkman and Irvin added baskets in the final minute to make it an 11-point game.BIG PICTUREIUPUI: The Jaguars could have used more scoring from players other than Combs if they were going to make a serious bid for an upset in this game. Against Eastern Kentucky, Combs scored 28 points and none of his teammates had more than 11. Ryan Smith Jersey. . It was a similar story against Michigan.Michigan: The Wolverines are making things easy on themselves with their foul shooting. After going 23 of 26 from the line in the win over Howard, Michigan was 16 of 18 against IUPUI. It will be hard for the Wolverines to keep that up, but its certainly an encouraging development for them so far.TOUGH INSIDEMichigan backup D.J. Wilson finished with quite a line: seven points, 14 rebounds and five blocks in 30 minutes. Beilein is pleased with the versatility he provides on defense.D.J. Wilson is really changing the way we guard, where we can switch more because he can guard really five positions right now, Beilein said. Thats really going to help us.FOULSAlthough Michigan shot a terrific percentage from the line, the Wolverines had only 18 attempts. That was an improvement for IUPUI, which allowed 56 free-throw attempts against Eastern Kentucky.I think we reached too much on Friday, Gardner said. I think we were trying to be more mindful -- not reaching, not lunging.UP NEXTIUPUI: Sundays game was part of the 2K Classic, which benefits Wounded Warrior Project. The Jaguars host Howard on Friday as the event continues.Michigan: The Wolverines head to New York to play in a 2K Classic semifinal against Marquette on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.---For more college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '