Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

idnt have a carry in the ope

• 2283 posts
    January 17, 2018 12:23 PM +0330

GLENDALE, Ariz. Under Armour Shoes On Sale . -- The Arizona Coyotes escaped a loss by less than a tenth of a second, then turned to their go-to guy in the overtime shootout for another win over the Edmonton Oilers.Radim Vrbatas 43rd career shootout goal and another from Oliver Ekman-Larsson helped give the Arizona Coyotes a 3-2 comeback victory over the Pacific Division leaders Oilers on Friday night.Vrbata has the all-time NHL record for shootout goals, passing Detroits Frans Nielsen with Fridays tally.If you do it right theres a high percentage chance that it will work, Vrbata said of his goal, which preceded Ekman-Larssons winner. When it goes to a shootout and youre successful, you get a point that you might need at the end of the season.Ekman-Larsson said he isnt very comfortable in shootouts.I closed my eyes and shot it, he said. I got lucky.Mike Smith made 32 saves to help the Coyotes improve to 20-0-4 in the last 24 meetings with Edmonton. Its a run that goes back to 2011.Smith is 14-1-1 in his career against the Oilers.The three-on-three overtime saw the Oilers go on a power play and fail to score, but Connor McDavids shot beat Smith as time expired. The goal was disallowed on review, however, when officials deemed it did not cross the goal line before time ran out.Thats about as close as Ive ever seen, Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said of McDavids no-goal. We were fortunate to get the extra point. You know your backs against the wall, youve got to leave it all out there and our guys did.McDavid, who lost the puck on his shootout attempt, continued his productive season with a goal for his NHL-leading 28th point of the season. The 19-year-old McDavid, last seasons first overall draft pick, has nine points over those four games, five on goals.Max Domi and Shane Doan scored for Arizona.Adam Larsson also scored for the Oilers.Arizona took a season-high 40 shots and played its sixth one-goal game of the past seven. The Coyotes have three overtime points from that span of games.Cam Talbot finished with a season high 38 saves for Edmonton. The Oilers had won three in a row.The Coyotes peppered Talbot with 20 first-period shots, the most they have had in a period this season. All but one were on net, and one of those finally went in with 2:22 left in the period.They were a lot sharper than we were in the first period and they gained some confidence and momentum off it, Oilers coach Todd McLellan said.We gave up way too many chances, way too many shots on net, McDavid said. (Talbot) was great back there.Domi lifted a shot over Talbot after a faceoff and four passes, 9 seconds after Edmonton had taken a 2-0 lead.Larsson gathered in Oscar Klefboms pass, with teammate Ryan Nugent-Hopkins letting the puck go past him to an open Larsson for the Oilers second goal. McDavid scored just 1:31 into the game on a rush, taking Jesse Puljujarvis pass, skating ahead of defenders and beating Smith 1-on-1 stick-side.The Coyotes were denied a goal after a review in the first period, but tied it at 8:06 of the third period. Doan tipped in Anthony DeAngelos shot after Doan won a face-off and got to the front of the net for the deflection.That goal was also reviewed on replay but stood. Doan is two goals away from 400 for his career and scored his first goal since the season opener last month.Game notes Arizona called up G Justin Peters from Tucson of the AHL on an emergency basis to back up Smith, with Louis Domingue dealing with a lower-body injury. ... The Coyotes wore throwback kachina original uniforms from the late 1990s. ... Oilers F Patrick Maroon drew a two-minute penalty for boarding near the end of the first period when he crunched a bent-over Connor Murphy, prompting a brief scuffle. Murphy left the ice for the locker room but returned to action in the second period. ... Coyotes C Laurent Dauphin left the ice after getting hurt blocking a shot in the third period, but Tippett said Dauphin is OK.UP NEXT: The teams meet again Sunday in Edmonton. Discount Under Armour . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Clearance Under Armour . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.prsucenter.com/ . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. AUBURN, Ala. -- The Auburn offense looked like its old self for at least one game.The quarterbacks were running for nice gains, the tailbacks were churning out yards and all that rushing success translated to big numbers on the scoreboard. That performance in a 51-14 romp over Arkansas State resurrected the formula thats generated the most success for past Gus Malzahn offenses.Of course, it remains to be seen if Auburn can keep it up against stiffer defenses, starting Saturday night against No. 17 Texas A&M.Auburn ran for 462 yards against the Sun Belt Conference team, fourth-most in school history. More importantly for the Tigers might have been how some of those yards were generated.Quarterback Sean White and backup John Franklin III combined for 130 yards on the ground. Whites 60 yards nearly doubled his 2015 total, giving opposing defenses something else to watch out for.I thought that was a big factor that he had some rushing yards, Malzahn said Tuesday. We talked about that in the offseason, that were at our best when our quarterback is a running threat. The fact that he had 60 yards rushing, I thought that was very good and that will help us moving forward. Thats kind of got to be the mindset.Franklin, a junior college transfer, is a speedy threat as a runner but has only attempted one pass. Whites running ability hasnt been on display all that much, but hes hoping to change that.The defense definitely has to respect me running and its something I feel like I havent been able to show, he said. I showed it a little bit this game and I think thats something I have to do all year.Forcing a defensee to be wary of him taking off running can help create more running room for the tailbacks. Under Armour Clearance Sale. Kerryon Johnson (124 yards) and Kamry Petway (152), who didnt have a carry in the opener against No. 2 Clemson, both had big games.The performance was a big turnaround from the opener with Clemson, when Auburn was held to 87 yards on the ground. It remains to be seen which game will be closer to the norm.Malzahn has thrived with running quarterbacks like Cam Newton (when the Tigers coach was offensive coordinator) and Nick Marshall. The Tigers became the first Southeastern Conference team to lead the nation in rushing behind Tre Mason and Marshall in 2013. That team won the league title and made the national championship game.Since then, Auburns ground game fell to 13th and then 35th nationally, and the win totals decreased along with it.Thanks to the big game against Arkansas State, the Tigers moved back to the top of the league in rushing.They still havent done it against a Power 5 team. Johnson has had two solid games and totaled 218 yards and three touchdowns after moving into the starting job with the defection of three other tailbacks.The 6-foot, 240-pound Pettway didnt have a carry last season or in the first game. He converted from fullback in the spring and had a 64-yard ramble among his 15 carries against Arkansas State.I just knew I was going to like running the ball again, Pettway said.Ditto for the Tigers.---AP college football website: collegefootball.ap.org Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '