Forums » News and Announcements

Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro WiFi Smart Lock REVIEW

• 625 posts
    July 25, 2022 7:37 AM +0430

Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro WiFi Smart Lock REVIEW

Enjoy up to six different methods to gain access through your new Ulraloq U-Bolt Pro Wifi deadbolt. Utilize the App, utilize your fingerprint, key in one of your preset codes, use the Apple Watch App, activate magic shake, or slide the faceplate down to access the mechanical key slot. Share access to guests, follow the log to see who has entered/exited, and control access to your castle/To get more news about finger vein door lock, you can visit securamsys.com official website.

The Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro WiFi Smart Lock arrived in an attractive 4 1/2 inches wide by 10 inches tall by 4 3/8 inches thick retail box. The main cover provided the company and product names along the top of the panel and four product-defining icons along the bottom of the panel (Built-In WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile App, Fingerprint). In addition to the attractive blue icons, I liked the black/grey bubble font of the ULTTRAL8Q company name, the dark blue product name, and the wispy WiFi Logo. Despite the accents, the prime visual attraction was the photo-quality image of the U-Bolt Pro device. The shading along the inferior of the design added a nice degree of depth to the panel. When combined with the fingerprint sensor, green accent ring, and the contrast between the vibrant white font and black buttons, Ultral8Q did a great job at capturing my attention.

At the top of the left side panel, you will find an impressive image of the thumbprint sensor. The oblique image showed the buttons, the sensor, and the depth of the device. Beneath the image, you will find five detailed icons: 1. 360 degrees live fingerprint identification. 2. Auto Unlock and Smart Auto-Lock (locks/unlocks automatically with your phone nearby). 3. Anti-peep Numeric Keypad with Backlight. 4. Door sensor for peace of mind. 5. Hidden Mechanical Key. The right side panel was designed similarly to the left panel. The image at the top of the panel illustrated the Ultraloq App control and relayed information that an extra hub was unnecessary. Beneath the image, you will find logos for the App and Google Play Stores, plus four more product details: 1. Manage Users. 2. Share Codes and Keys. 3. Log Record. 4. More Ways to Control (IFTTT integration, Works with Alex, Work with Google Assistant).
    To round out the outer packaging, the company added a vibrant dark blue accent panel with the company name “The Ultimate Smart Lock For Everyone” along the top. The bottom panel provided a few product manufacturing labels and a large barcode. The rear panel provided a simple DIY installation image. The upper image showed a deconstructed lock installation, while the middle image showed which type of doors could accommodate the iP65 weather-resistant lock. Lastly, you will find the WiFi logo (802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz), the Bluetooth Smart logo, and instructions to contact support.

You will find a thin plastic wrapped informational packet and a 2 pound 4.8 ounces styrofoam padded container with the smart lock parts within the box. The light package contained a convenient door lock template to add a deadbolt to any door and the bilingual (English/Spanish) installation and user manual. Before the installation guide, the manual showed a few critical notes and a detailed pictorial packing list. You can scan the QR code to watch the installation process, or you can follow the simple step-by-step guide. Since my door already had a deadbolt, I did not need to prepare the door before installing the Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro. I removed the old deadbolt, the old bolt, and then the old strike on the doorframe. I then removed the white styrofoam box from the outer packaging and set the contents aside. I used the new flat striker and screws B to install the strike onto the doorframe. I was unable to use the strike with the metallic bucket due to a metallic plate at the edge of the frame. With the strike installed, I used screw C to install the bolt into the door. I aligned the “T” shaped slot into the upward position and made sure that the up icon was facing upward.
    The third and fourth sections of the instruction manual (pages 5 and 6) walked the user through the installation process. I loved the use of the QR code and the included step-by-step setup process. I watched the installation video and then followed the written instruction within the manual. I made sure the bolt was retracted and then inserted the 1 7/8 inches long metallic bar through the slot in the bolt mechanism. The 13.4 ounces, 3-inches square by 1 1/2 inches thick exterior assembly device was easily installed into the mechanism, while the cable was directed inferior to the bolt. I then oriented the mounting plate on the inner door, ran the cable through the lower notch, and inserted both of the screws labeled Screw D. Next, I grabbed the 11.9-ounce, 2 7/8 inches wide by 4 13/16 inches tall by 1 7/8 inches thick interior assembly, removed the battery cover, aligned the notches on the connector cable and installed the device. I installed the small setscrews Screw E into the frame and was impressed with the ease of installation. I installed the four AA batteries, slid the rear cover into place, added the door open/close sensor to the door jamb, and turned to the manual for information regarding programming. In total, it took about seven minutes to install the Ultraloq device once the old hardware was removed.

Before turning to the App, which was my primary preference, I attempted to use the Standalone Mode Programming Guide. As an important piece of information, the manual stated that the standalone mode would not longer work post App registration. The exterior section of the smart lock had a central 9/16 inches diameter fingerprint sensor surrounded by 11/32 diameter black buttons labeled one through zero. Along the inferior aspect of the exterior segment, you will find a 15/16 inches wide by 5/16 inches tall button. To add an admin code, you will need to hold the lower button for a total of 3-seconds. The rim around the fingerprint sensor will illuminate and the device will beep. The manual instructed the user to input a 4-8 digit code before pressing the lower button again. It then recommended repeating the process to add the admin code. The device beeped several times, while the light continued to flash. I tried the process a total of 3 times before I removed the batteries, the backplate, the internal device, and checked the deadbolt. I reinstalled the components and tried to repeat the above steps. Next, I used the included reset key and pressed the button on the interior component. Despite my efforts, I was not able to program it directly. Additionally, it appeared that the deadbolt was set up backward; from an unlocked position, the lock did not extend when I pressed the button.